How To Make Sugar Donuts – Soft and fluffy homemade sugar donuts from scratch are hard to resist! This fresh homemade sugar donut recipe is great to go with a glass of milk or soy milk. Want to know how to make fluffy and soft donuts from scratch?
Love sweets? Check out these fresh strawberry pie, chocolate strawberry, hot chocolate balls, almond jello, taro boba drink, mango sticky rice, and strawberry muffin recipes.
How To Make Sugar Donuts
When we mention donuts many people immediately think it’s an American food. Donuts are a popular sweet treat all over the world. There are many different types of donuts in America such as glazed, powdered sugar and fillings.
Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts (super Fluffy)
Sugar donuts are classic and traditional donuts and are sold in bakery stores in most Asian countries. Chinese sugar donuts are also called sa zong (沙翁), a type of sugar donut. They are essentially the same thing. But, some prefer to make donuts without a hole in the middle. Basically, sugar donuts are deep-fried bread covered in sugar.
The ingredients are eggs, butter, sugar, salt, yeast, water, flour and tanzhong (water roux). Personally, I prefer to use bread flour. However, if you don’t have bread flour, using all-purpose flour will work just as well. For this fluffy and soft homemade sugar donut recipe, I use the tangzhong method (water roux).
Tangzhong (湯種) is a Chinese word for water rucks. It is a flour paste. And, flour is cooked in water or milk. This method is used to improve the texture of the bread and make it soft and fluffy.
I like to use bread flour because it has a much better texture. However, if you don’t have bread flour, using all-purpose flour will work just as well. Because in this homemade sugar donut from scratch recipe, I use Tangzhong method which helps in soft and fluffy texture.
Sugar Free Keto Donuts Recipe (so Easy!)
Yes, fresh homemade from scratch donuts can be kept at room temperature for a few days. Store the donuts in an airtight container or you can store the donuts inside a storage bag. However, if possible, I recommend eating them on the same day as these are homemade sugar donuts. Freshly made has the best taste!
2. Turn on medium to small fire. Keep stirring until the mixture thickens. Then, keep it aside and let it cool.
4. Next, add 4 tablespoons of sugar, 3 tablespoons of butter (softened), 1 large egg, and 2 teaspoons of active dry yeast to the Bosch mixer.
5. Turn the Bosch mixer on the lowest setting #1. Give it a little stir and wait for 5 minutes.
Homemade Donut Recipes! How To Make Homemade Donuts
6. Meanwhile, place 2.5 cups of flour (bread flour or all-purpose flour) in a bowl and add ½ teaspoon of salt. Mix well.
7. Next, turn on the #1 Bosch mixer on the lowest setting. Gradually add the flour mixture from step 6 to the yeast mixture. Let it mix a little. Then, add the warm tangzhong from step 2. (Remember the tangzhong needs to be chilled. Not too hot, just warm.)
8. Next, change the speed of the Bosch mixer to the #3 medium-high speed setting Let the mixer run for 8-10 minutes.
9. Place the dough in a bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let it rise at room temperature for 45 minutes to an hour. (To speed up the rising time. Usually, I preheat the oven to 200F. Then, turn the oven off and leave the dough for 30 minutes.)
Baked Mini Donuts
14. Use a small circle cutter, place it in the center of the flat dough and cut out the middle. Repeat steps 13 and 14 for remaining dough.
15. Cover the donut dough with a damp cloth. Let it rise for 30 minutes at room temperature. (To speed up the rising time. Usually, I preheat the oven to 200F. Then, turn the oven off and leave the dough for 15 minutes.)
16. While waiting for the donut dough to rise, pour 2 cups of vegetable oil into the skillet. Turn on a low flame, heat the oil to around 360-375F. You can use a thermometer or a wooden chopstick to check the temperature. When you put the wooden chopsticks in the oil, if there are little bubbles around the chopsticks. This is a sign that shows that the oil is hot enough.
17. Slowly add the flour to the oil and fry for about 1 minute. Then, flip to the other side and deep fry for about 1 minute.
Simple Homemade Sugar Donuts
19. Finally, place ¼ cup of sugar on a plate. Then, place the deep fried donuts on the plate. Cover the donuts with sugar.
Enjoy these fluffy and soft homemade sugar donuts from scratch recipe! Also, check out these sweet caramel popcorn, mango popsicles, and red bean ice drink recipes.
Subscribe to Oh My Food Recipes to get our new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the latest updates.
Soft and fluffy homemade sugar donuts are hard to resist! Fresh homemade sugar donut recipes are great to go with a glass of milk or soy milk. Want to know how to make fluffy and soft donuts?
Powdered Donuts Recipe
Calories: 257 kcal Carbohydrates: 31 g Protein: 5 grams Fat: 13 grams Saturated Fat: 10 grams Trans fat: 1 gram Cholesterol: 22 mg Sodium: 134 mg Potassium: 69 mg Fiber: 1 gram Sugar: 9 grams Vitamin A: 124 IU Vitamin C: 1 mg Calcium: 20 mg Iron: 1 mg Sugar Donuts – These simple homemade donuts are made with flour, milk, egg yolks, yeast and sugar, then the donuts are fried and dredged in sugar. This recipe is easy to make and makes a super fun little treat! Make it once and you’ll never use a different recipe for donuts. It’s very good!
If you like these sugar donuts, you’ll also enjoy these 15-Minute Ricotta Donuts, this Quick Fried Donut Recipe, and these Super Soft Donuts with Sugar Glaze.
These homemade donuts are a classic recipe that I’ve been making since I was a kid. It always makes me feel extra nostalgic when I make these.
Sitting at my grandmother’s kitchen table, head in the palm of my hand, watching her every move as the homemade donuts bubbled in the hot oil.
Bomboloni Recipe (italian Doughnuts)
Grandma used to make a ton of them, making sure everyone in her large family got as many donuts as they wanted.
Tearing a donut with my fingers today, and letting my nose inhale the aroma of a freshly fried homemade donut, I can’t miss him because I’m reminded that in a month it will be 5 years since he left us a good place.
Making donuts from scratch sounds like a scary thing, but I assure you this is a very easy donut recipe. If this is your first venture into homemade donuts, this is a good beginner recipe to try.
Be sure to follow the recipe as described below. I’ve done this over a dozen times and never had a problem.
Glazed Donuts Recipe (video)
Honestly, the hardest part of making this easy donut recipe is waiting until it’s cool enough to eat after it’s fried. They smell incredible and the wait is almost torture!
A quick note about yeast – I know a lot of people get nervous when working with yeast, but it’s a lot easier than it sounds. Without it, the donut will be much less airy.
In fact, whether you use a yeast donut recipe determines whether you end up with a cake donut or an airy one. I personally prefer yeast donuts to dense cake donuts – especially with a sweet, sugary coating!
Since this donut uses yeast, you’ll want to plan a little ahead. The yeast donut recipe calls for the dough to rise for about 2-3 hours total, so it’s a good recipe to whip up first thing in the morning before everyone wakes up and gets ready for the day. If your family is anything like mine, it takes almost everyone to wake up, shower, get dressed, and get ready to eat anyway!
How To Make Easy Canned Biscuit Donuts + Glazes
Simple Sugar Donuts – This simple dough is made with flour, milk, yeast, and sugar, then the donuts are fried and dredged in sugar. Very simple, but makes a delightful little treat!
Welcome to Let the Baking Begin! I’m Marina and my love and passion for eating only the most delicious food drives me to share that love at Let the Baking Begin (since 2009). With over 20 years of experience in the kitchen, you know that recipes are tested and retested until they’re perfect. I’m so glad to have you here. Enjoy! Read More…Whether served in the morning with a hot cup of coffee or as an afternoon snack, these super soft and fluffy baked donuts are always a great choice.
Guests will feel like they came straight from a fancy bakery or cafe. And yet the recipe is so easy to make in your own kitchen!
Forget those boxes of store-bought Krispy Kreme and Dunkin’ Donuts. These are
Basic And Unique Donut Flavors (including Popular Dunkin And Krispy Kreme Donut Flavors)
How to make sugar donuts with biscuits, how to make cinnamon sugar for donuts, how to make sugar ring donuts, how to make sugar stick to donuts, how to make homemade sugar donuts, how to make donuts, how to make glaze for donuts with powdered sugar, how to make chinese sugar donuts, how to make homemade cinnamon sugar donuts, how to make sugar glaze for donuts, how to make sugar donuts at home, how to make sugar free donuts